Airfoil can be definead as a shape of wing, as seen in cross-section. In order
to describe an airfoil, we must define the following terms.
- The mean camber line is a line drawn midway between the upper and
- The leading and trailing edge are the most forward an rearward of the
mean camber line.
- The chord line is a line connecing leading an trailing edge.
- The chord length is the distance from the leading to the trailing edge, measured along the chord line.
- The camber is the maximum distance between mean camber line and chord line.
- The thickness is the distance between the upper and lower surfaces.